The 1st ever SATMag Awards are here and is voted for by you, the public! Any South African production that have showcased in South Africa between 1 December 2015 – 30 November 2016 (both dates inclusive) were eligible for nomination.
Voting lines for Nominations by the public were open from 1 November 2016 – 25 November 2016.
After hundreds of nominations the top 4 Nominees with the most votes in each category, as voted for by the public, was selected as the Final Nominees of the 2016 SATMag Awards, where after the public voted once again – this time for the winners.
Winners of the SATMag Awards 2016 was announced LIVE on Facebook on Monday 2 January 2017.
After thousands and thousands votes, you can check out the Winners of the 2016 SATMag Awards in the January 2017 of the South African Theatre Magazine HERE!
- Best Actor in a Play
- Best Actor in a Musical/ Opera
- Best Supporting Actor in a Play
- Best Supporting Actor in a Musical/ Opera
- Best Actress in a Play
- Best Actress in a Musical/ Opera
- Best Supporting Actress in a Play
- Best Supporting Actress in a Musical/ Play
- Best Performer (for performers in Dance, Physical Theatre, Magic and Performance Art productions)
- Best Ensemble Performance
- Best Director of a Play
- Best Director of a Musical/ Opera
- Best Emerging Director
- Best Choreographer
- Best Newcomer
- Best Lighting Design
- Best Sound Design
- Best Set Design
- Best New South African Script
- Best Theatre Production for Young Audiences (for productions aimed at children from 0-17)
- Best Community Theatre Production
- Pukka Award for Best Production (This award is specifically dedicated to Dance, Physical Theatre, Magic and Performance Art productions.)
- Best Cutting Edge Production
- Best Play 2016
- Best Musical/ Opera 2016
- Festival of the Year 2016